Related Topic Name and Related Topic Link Fields are custom fields which you may want to add to the site columns collection programmatically. However SharePoint sometimes returns exceptions when trying to use SPFieldCollection.CreateNewField(), the code below shows how to use an feature receiver to create the custom fields programmatically and add them to the site columns.
This post by Andreas gives a great demonstration and insight into how the EasySearch engine can be used to provide high performance structured search over EPiServer pages.
Over the last couple of weeks I've had a lot of queries from developers about the "scraping" that we do to create topics for users in a SharePoint Module topic map. Some confusion has been caused by the fact that we have two ways of doing this and also some concern has been expressed about the amount of logging activity generated in particular by the AddSiteUsers task. This post is a copy of a support response I wrote for the last developer to enquire and I'm posting it here in the hope that it might be useful to others too.
Some of our customers have reported problems with the EPiServer Module 3.1 BETA for EPiServer 5 CMS. Namely whenever the TMCoreEPiDataService.asmx web service is invoked the following error is produced:
This note applies to version 2.0 of the TMCore SharePoint Module.
With the new release of the NPCL Schema Editor, the focus of our developer tool set is now moving around to ontology-driven application design. This post is to explain a little more about what that concept involves and how we think it can provide real benefit to system architects and developers alike.
We have noticed that when downloading the TMCore EPiServer Module it is sometimes the case that the help file,
.chm file does not open correctly. This article explains why, and how to fix it.
A number of projects are using a Release Candidate or Beta release of the EPiServer Module 2.0. With the final release now public here are a few additional pieces of information:
Many projects are developing solutions on XP and then deploying them onto Windows 2003 Server. To minimise the configuration issues here are a few suggestions: